- RSS Channel Showcase 7353793
- RSS Channel Showcase 5266657
- RSS Channel Showcase 8490952
- RSS Channel Showcase 2941316
Articles on this Page
- 02/09/15--16:20: _Trini Trent TV: 201...
- 02/10/15--19:11: _A Glimpse at Skin B...
- 02/11/15--17:11: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 02/14/15--14:35: _Trini Trent TV: 201...
- 02/18/15--17:54: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 02/23/15--14:25: _Trini Trent TV: Bey...
- 02/24/15--17:35: _21 Great Pictures f...
- 02/25/15--19:02: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 03/02/15--14:07: _Trini Trent TV: The...
- 03/04/15--14:07: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 03/09/15--14:38: _Trini Trent TV: Mad...
- 03/11/15--19:12: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 03/16/15--16:54: _Trini Trent TV: Rea...
- 03/18/15--20:37: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 03/23/15--17:09: _Trini Trent TV: Mis...
- 03/26/15--19:43: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 03/31/15--18:14: _Trini Trent TV: Tid...
- 04/02/15--19:03: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 04/07/15--19:49: _Trini Trent TV: Nic...
- 04/09/15--19:40: _Trini Trent Radio: ...
- 02/09/15--16:20: Trini Trent TV: 2015 Grammy Awards Gripes
- 02/10/15--19:11: A Glimpse at Skin Bleaching in Jamaica
- 02/11/15--17:11: Trini Trent Radio: African-Americans vs West Indians
- 02/14/15--14:35: Trini Trent TV: 2015 Soca Monarch Highlights
- 02/18/15--17:54: Trini Trent Radio: Of Bitches and Fags
- 02/23/15--14:25: Trini Trent TV: Beyonce Fan Insecurities
- 02/24/15--17:35: 21 Great Pictures from Trinidad Carnival 2015
- 02/25/15--19:02: Trini Trent Radio: A Trinidad Carnival Conundrum
- 03/02/15--14:07: Trini Trent TV: The Hypocrisy of Kanye West
- 03/04/15--14:07: Trini Trent Radio: #TeamLightSkinned
- 03/09/15--14:38: Trini Trent TV: Madonna and Ageism
- 03/11/15--19:12: Trini Trent Radio: On the Down Low
- 03/16/15--16:54: Trini Trent TV: Real Men in Music
- 03/18/15--20:37: Trini Trent Radio: Why Men Cheat
- 03/23/15--17:09: Trini Trent TV: Missing R&B
- 03/26/15--19:43: Trini Trent Radio: Do All Black Lives Matter?
- 03/31/15--18:14: Trini Trent TV: Tidal Troubles
- 04/02/15--19:03: Trini Trent Radio: Black Male Body Image Issues
- 04/07/15--19:49: Trini Trent TV: Nicki Minaj Reps Trinidad?
- 04/09/15--19:40: Trini Trent Radio: What Is Your Sign?
“We ain’t gonna play with them no more. Beck needs to respect artistry, and he should have given his award to Beyoncé. At this point, we’re tired of it because what happens is, you keep on diminishing art and not respecting the craft and smacking people in the face after they deliver monumental music. You are
With the exception of possible terrorist threats, race and privilege been the main issue dominating social media discussions during the past few months. However, a specific joint subcategory of those problems has recently returned to the forefront of conversation: Colourism. Kerry Washington’s cover of the latest edition InStyle magazine sparked controversy amongst her fans as many people accused editors of
It was a chilly winter night on January 25 2015 when Miss Colombia took home the Miss Universe title instead of crowd favourite Miss Jamaica. Her victory sparked outrage on social media, and reignited a tensions between two specific groups of people. While West Indian people were were upset about the pageant defeat, their African-American
Machel Montano has nabbed the International Soca Monarch title for the umpteenth time in his career. However, unlike previous years, he truly deserved top honours, just like his peers deserved a tongue-lashing for their shaky performances. The Soca Monarch competition included many strong showings but some acts, such as the ubiquitous Iwer George and the formerly relevant
It is no secret that Azealia Banks demands attention, both with the blaring beats of her music and with her many tantrums on social media. This time, however, she may have gone too far. During one of her many bids to spark chaos on the web, Banks turned on her gay fans who have supported
Newsflash: Beyonce is not perfect. Despite what her legions of fans believe, Beyonce is person like the rest of us. In fact, when unedited images of the singer from a 2013 L’Oreal campaign were released via The Beyonce World, people got the rare chance to see just that. Beyonce wore thick layers of makeup to cover deep
After months of buildup and excitement, the 2015 Carnival celebrations in Trinidad have ended. Now, before locals put the season fully behind them as they adjust to Lent, it is a great time to take one final look back. Many people from outside the Caribbean assume Trinidad festival only involves the Parade of the Bands on Carnival Monday and
There is no festival in the world quite like Trinidad Carnival. Spectacular costumes, vibrant melodies, and passionate people make the event an attraction for thousands of visitors every year. However, if you believe the headlines posted by new outlets, such as Just Jared, you might think the festival involves nothing more than bikinis and sex. As a
Kanye West has gone from the complete media blackout of his Yeezus era to promoting himself wherever possible. In other words, his has truly accepted his place as a member of the Kardashian klan clan. In addition to his new shoe line and his upcoming So Help Me God album, West has been discussing his recent
Black people have been systematically taught to hate themselves. Following slavery and colonialism, those of us among the African diaspora remain divided by political, social and economic forces. One of the biggest issues affect black people as well as several other groups around the world is colourism. In this episode of Trini Trent Radio, I sat with Terry
As a visual artist, Madonna has always used her sexuality as her main selling point. However, now that she has gotten older, the societal pressures of ageism have begun to affect her and she is not happy. Madonna recently fired several comments at her critics, correctly stating that older men are rarely blasted for being provocative
Black men experience forces from society that are hardly directly discussed in the media. Prime on that list is the pressure to be just that – men. The gender ideal of the modern black man involves being strong, aggressive, bold, outspoken and most of all, heterosexual. Those normative behaviours are typically expressed at extremes with hypermasculinity and
Dame Dash is a “real man.” Well, at least that is what he kept repeating during his recent interview on The Breakfast Club, and he wants us all to know we are not on his level. For over an hour, Dash put down every man, including Breakfast Club host DJ Envy, for having jobs. That
As Trini Trent Radio continues to grow, Terry Torro and I have realised the potential for us to dig deeper into the issues affecting black men. Hence, it was only a matter of time before we tackled the topic of cheating. The stereotypical black man is hypermasculine and hypersexual – as I previously discussed on Trini
“R&B music has died and come back as a big white ghost named Sam Smith” – Trini Trent. One of the main reasons I initially became interested in blogging way back when Chris Brown was still selling Double Mint chewing gum was my love of R&B music. The year 2008 was a simpler time: Rihanna was a
The #BlackLivesMatter movement has given black people across North America a banner under which they can unite to fight against police brutality and oppression…or has it? Thus far, the campaign has been geared toward addressing issues affecting African-Americans yet gives little to no voice to other members of the black community – West Indians, Africans
Jay-Z is determined to make the world accept his so-called “new rules” but judging by his latest business venture, he is doing more of the same. Boosted by propaganda, of course. Yesterday, Jay-Z launched his Tidal music streaming service with all the razzle dazzle we have come to expect from the hip-hop mogul. A video trailer
When many of us describe the body of the ideal black man, we include features such as a broad back, large biceps and of course, a big penis. Yet, those images are often unattainable, thus causing immeasurable strain on the minds of black men. Black men are not all built like the figures cast in
Trinidad and Tobago is my home country. It is also the birthplace of Nicki Minaj but unlike many of the public figures emerging from the islands, she does nothing for their development. Minaj conveniently uses Trinidad and Tobago as part of her branding but she has done nothing to promote our culture or even highlight
People are around the world are often divided by nationality, ethnicity, culture, sexuality and even age. Yet, zodiac signs have a strange power to bring them together under twelve distinct banners. Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces – those are the signs of the zodiac. They are also symbols that